• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any left in the E6300?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

catchsomezz

Registered
After a week of fine tuning my OC settings here are the final results:

E6300 @ 525x7 = 3675mhz @ 1.385V
Corsair XMS2 RAM 2x1gb CAS5 running @ 525x2 = 1050mhz 5-5-5-16 @ 2.0V
(i think the RAM is defaulted at 1.9V, but i've heard its warranted up to 2.1V, i tried searching but couldn't find it on the corsair's website

Temps: Idle 31/28 Load 51/49

So the thing is...what else can I change or do to push it further?
I just feel that I'm losing out on something else my temps never hit the high 60s.

Should I push the vCore past 1.4V? I tried that with 530, the RAM just cant handle it.

----
Asus P5B Deluxe
E6300 Conroe
Corsair xms2 2x1 gb Cas5
Geforce 7900gs
Corsair 520HX

Did you up the voltage of the RAM when you pushed it to 530? If not put it up to 2.0 or 2.1v, I haven't heard of DDR2 RAM that isn't rated for 1.8-2.2v, mine is rated to 2.3v. :)

Wow, nice O/C. Yeah, almost any quality name brand RAM can easily handle 2.1v no problem. Since Asus mobos are known to droop vcore under load, I would not be afraid to raise vcore up to 1.45v since you seem to have good cooling, assuming your load CPU temps don't go crazy.

Neural Net said:
Did you up the voltage of the RAM when you pushed it to 530? If not put it up to 2.0 or 2.1v, I haven't heard of DDR2 RAM that isn't rated for 1.8-2.2v, mine is rated to 2.3v. :)

I upped the voltage to 2.0V back when pushing from 500 to 510. I forgot to mention that the RAM is DDR2 800. which leads me to my next question
How far can I overclock the RAM? Besides memtest86+, I haven't tested anything else concerning RAM and am afraid that I will fry the RAM while trying to push the fsb

batboy said:
Wow, nice O/C. Yeah, almost any quality name brand RAM can easily handle 2.1v no problem. Since Asus mobos are known to droop vcore under load, I would not be afraid to raise vcore up to 1.45v since you seem to have good cooling, assuming your load CPU temps don't go crazy.

I am using a zalman 9700LED, 1x120mm fan, 1x80mm fan.
And too crazy is >65C?

On some good sticks you may be able to get to 500Mhz Ram speed with loose timings, but you are going to be at the limit of what it's capable of. Mine can do about 900Mhz-950Mhz Max, although I haven't had time to fully figure out what is my limiting component.

With a e6300 system and DDR800 Ram it is most likely going to be the memory though. Is Memtest performed in DOS at bootup? Because Windows based memory tests can only test the Ram not in use, which means the memory in use by Windows doesn't get tested so you can't assure stability that way.

Put it this way, you cannot fry your Ram, if you set it too high, it will just fail to boot. Even if it does boot the system will be unstable at dodgy speeds to put you off keeping it at an overly high clock, so I wouldn't worry too much. Just don't go beserk with the voltage. I'd say 2.2, 2.3v max as batboy said.

As for Conroe temps I'd say about 60 degrees is ok, and use Intel Thermal Analysis Tool for temperature monitoring if you're not already (motherboard temperature readings can be inaccurate).

well. im currently running the ddr2 800 RAM @ 1050mhz (525x2)
therefore i shouldn't go any further?? since right now i'm looking to push farther, possibly 530-540 which would result in the ram running as high as 1080
voltage-wise, im keeping the RAM @ 2.1V; i just dont have enough gonads to get too close to the edge
the memtest86+ boots before windows loads, but i think its linux based, dont know.

and im using both coretemp and TAT to check my temps. (when i left it, running smooth at approx 52C after 10 hrs of orthos)

Seems as though you have some pretty good Ram there. I reckon you can push it further, as soon as it gets too high you'll start getting errors, and it'll fail memtest (if it uses Linux it doesn't matter, the benefit of it is loading without windows to test all the Ram). So you'll know you've reached the limit and it won't damage the Ram. AFAIK, only excessive voltage will damage hardware, and that's usually over time, not instant death, a clock too high will simply cause errors or a failed boot.

The voltage seems great, you could probably push it up to 2.2v and still be in warranty (it'll be worth checking out your Ram's documentation to see what it's rated for), and the cooling seems pretty darn good, great temps considering the clock, it won't get any hotter running longer, so I wouldn't worry.

This is already an impressive overclock for an e6300, but don't be surprised if you suddenly hit a wall, but don't be worried about it either. I'm going to overclock mine more when I get the chance, just been too busy as of late. :)

Vipasnipa said:
3675.. that's more than a 100% overclock. I'd just call it quits at that point. =P

i know. my original cut off point was 3000, then 3500, and now its 4000.

this stuff is like heroin

I tried mine at 3600Mhz, it's in the high 60s at that speed, so I'm sticking to 3.2Ghz max. :)

Is there anything left in mine?

E6300 @ 323x7 = 2261mhz @ 1.33V
Corsair RAM running at 667mhz 5-5-5-15 @ 2.10V
Asus P5N32-SLI Premium mobo

No matter what I do, I cant get past this mark. I've tried higher cpu and ram voltage, higher ram mhz (up to 776) and higher NB & SB voltage, but this is all I can get. Heat is not a prob on anything up to 1.45v (46c under load), but it just wont post above 2.26ghz.

Should I expect more?

BigSniff07 said:
Is there anything left in mine?

E6300 @ 323x7 = 2261mhz @ 1.33V
Corsair RAM running at 667mhz 5-5-5-15 @ 2.10V
Asus P5N32-SLI Premium mobo

No matter what I do, I cant get past this mark. I've tried higher cpu and ram voltage, higher ram mhz (up to 776) and higher NB & SB voltage, but this is all I can get. Heat is not a prob on anything up to 1.45v (46c under load), but it just wont post above 2.26ghz.

Should I expect more?

is yours L2 or B2?
but i guess if i were you, i'd up the vcore to 1.375V and start creeping up the fsb from there.
moreover, just curious, why is your vDIMM so high? I dont think the corsairs need that much voltage to run at 667mhz (esp if you're using corsair ddr2 800 like i am).

catchsomezz said:
is yours L2 or B2?
but i guess if i were you, i'd up the vcore to 1.375V and start creeping up the fsb from there.
moreover, just curious, why is your vDIMM so high? I dont think the corsairs need that much voltage to run at 667mhz (esp if you're using corsair ddr2 800 like i am).

Its B2, so its a Conroe and i've had the core up to 1.45v but it will not boot above 2261mhz, not even 2270mhz @ 1.5v will boot. As for the vDIMM, if I drop it below 2.10v it will boot but crash within 1 minute, and its only ddr2 667 not 800. I can overclock the RAM independently of the FSB and have had it to 766 without problem, but @ 2.15v

Any ideas??

nice oc for your e6300!, mine is @ 3.4Ghz 1.325V, idle is 36/38 load 54/56 @ night time, +5 to 10 degree daytime, i tried to push to 3.5Ghz, but after 2mins load in orthos, its already stopped and warm,:bang head . any help?? im not pretty happy @ 3.4, i want to reach 3.6 - 3.8GHz,

__tnx for all the helps and infos you replied to my old post sir otter & other members!:beer:

Last edited:
Back