• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jack's worklog... again.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There’s gotta be a way that you can run a T line. Lots of people have their radiators in the top of their case. You may want to take a look at the watercooling thread in the stickied forum.

You don't have to have the CPU right after the radiator btw. There won't be any appreciable difference in temperature. Just throwing that out there if you are going for this configuration for that reason since there might be another way to route/order the loop that would make setup easier.

Last edited:
Drew@PSU said:
Looks good to me Jack! I'm planning ( and that's all atm :( ) on a build also inside the G70B and a triple rad, although I was thinking about putting it on the bottom of the case myself. Anyway, I know that Lian-Li makes these handy 5.25" to 3.5" bay converters that have a 120mm fan in the front ( these ).

Lian-li makes a number of these. Performance-PCs stocks a few of them. You can get a 3-bay one for 4 HDDs, a 2-bay one for 3HDDs, or a 3-bay one for 3HDDS but with slide-out rails. Lots of options there.

I have a 2-bay and a 3-bay, but currentl use only the 3-bay (with 4HDDs).

Alien1099 said:
There’s gotta be a way that you can run a T line.
There is a T line.
3rditerationtshowxr1.jpg

Alien1099 said:
You don't have to have the CPU right after the radiator btw. There won't be any appreciable difference in temperature.

Yeah I know that, this setup simply happened to be the loop with the least amount of curvature and bends.

Looking good jack. Gave me some ideas as I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my G70 on Monday, along with a Thermochill PA120.3. Nice to hear that the case should be good for wire management, I love wire management, lol. :D Keep up the good work.

More stuffs are in. As usually happens, I begin all gung-ho and I'm going to do the project all in the next 30 minutes, and then I get lazy. Have done absolutely no cutting or work of any kind yet, this weekend was a little too diverting :beer:

Anyway, bow before the Yate Tower:

fansci2.jpg

10 yate loons, a fillport, a y-junction, one of those ACRyan grills, and the MCW60 G80 adapter plate.

This is my first retail boxed video card:

p4300003vq6.jpg

Its so pretty, it almost seems a shame to remove it entirely:

p4300004ba1.jpg

I will cut some aluminum this week, I promise.

As I said, my initial zeal wanes a bit, but I feel it waxing. Got the last of the components in today, and set it up, even though the case is far from done. Was piddling around on it and its at 400x8 1:1 4-4-4-12. Amazingly the stock cooler is keeping it hovering around 39 C. I definitely plan on going higher once the loop is up and running and its in its case, but thats pretty encouraging. Could mean nothing though, no HD, no windows environment to run orthos or other benches, ran a few passes of memtest86 with no issue though.

newstuffnk3.jpg

Anyway the hardware is as follows:
e6420
P5B-Dlx
Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 2GB kit (D9GMH or D9DQW)
PNY 8800GTS 320
Corsair HX520

On the modding front, went to the hardware store today and picked up some goodies, except for the dremel which I have had for years. You can see the melted acrylic battlescars on that sanding wheel :attn:

stuffsmj6.jpg

As I write this I'm in the process of lapping the ramsinks and thinking about how I wanna do these acrylic shrouds. I don't have any experience sanding or smoothing acrylic joints. I would like to do the usual process of cutting pieces, gluing them, and this time I'd like to round the corners. Any tips on this? My sense is that if I try to use dremel tools, they'll just melt the stuff, but perhaps on the lowest settings?

sandacryliczf4.jpg

Hand sanding with >100 grit seems perhaps the best way, work my way up to 1500 in stages, clean it up, spray it. Thoughts?

In the morning I will finally deflower my beautiful and expensive case.

I have dremeled a lot of acrylic edges. I do set it down to the slowest speed and just sand on and off so as not to heat it up too much and it works fine. The coarse sanding drum (the one on the left in the pic) with about 100 grit sanding drums work very well.

life busy, little time to pontificate, job finished, everything at stock for now, temps all sub 30C, good feelings, will continue with more pics and results of ramping it up as soon as life isnt crazy anymore, enjoy

Back