• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

__ 8800GTX Liquid Cooling __

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_Integration_

I'm a total noob with liquid cooling. I recently installed a liquid cooling device for my CPU called "Freezone" from a company called Coolit and it really works great. Now I really need help to find something for my egg-boiling XFX 8800 GTX XXX Edition video card. Again, please keep in mind that I'm only a noob in choosing and setting up liquid cooling.

I need something that would be on the exterior, I don't want it all to be cramped inside my PC. One of Zalman's Reserator series was my first choice so I contacted Zalman tech support and they told me that both the Reserator 1 V2 and Reserator 2 would not work well, supposedly in cooling down my card to appropriate temperatures. I mean both my cards' on-board fan and heat sink struggle with the hot temperatures as it is and the Reserator still wouldn't be effective? So this what I'm having problems with, I just want to get a good exterior cooling device for my card and it's been pretty lousy so far.

I'm actually not complaining that the card is 70'C with the fan set on max while playing graphic hungry games. The problem is depending on the game and what is going on, my screen gets red moving dots on top, the screen turns black every 5 seconds or the game will simply freeze when temps reach about 75'F-78'F. Also the entire PCI-slot area in the back is 48'F for crying out loud. LOL So someone please tell me about some other products that could actually work to lower these temps or any other suggestions. Thanks. :)

MB: ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe
CPU: X6800 O/C to 3.73Ghz (Same problems even when CPU is not O/C.)
RAM: Corsair Dominator 2GB (Cooled)
Video: XFX 8800 GTX XXX Ed.
Sound: Creative X-FI Fatality
HDD: Dual Seagate 750GB

Case and Fans:

Thermaltake Kandalf Super Tower

Front:
2x 92mm fans

Rear:
1x 120mm fan
1x 92mm fan (not PSU)
1x PCI exhaust fan (Directly under video card)

Top:
1x 92mm fan

Side Panel:
1x 25CM fan

_Integration_ said:
I'm a total noob with liquid cooling. I recently installed a liquid cooling device for my CPU called "Freezone" from a company called Coolit and it really works great. Now I really need help to find something for my egg-boiling XFX 8800 GTX XXX Edition video card. Again, please keep in mind that I'm only a noob in choosing and setting up liquid cooling.

I need something that would be on the exterior, I don't want it all to be cramped inside my PC. One of Zalman's Reserator series was my first choice so I contacted Zalman tech support and they told me that both the Reserator 1 V2 and Reserator 2 would not work well, supposedly in cooling down my card to appropriate temperatures. I mean both my cards' on-board fan and heat sink struggle with the hot temperatures as it is and the Reserator still wouldn't be effective? So this what I'm having problems with, I just want to get a good exterior cooling device for my card and it's been pretty lousy so far.

I'm actually not complaining that the card is 70'C with the fan set on max while playing graphic hungry games. The problem is depending on the game and what is going on, my screen gets red moving dots on top, the screen turns black every 5 seconds or the game will simply freeze when temps reach about 75'F-78'F. Also the entire PCI-slot area in the back is 48'F for crying out loud. LOL So someone please tell me about some other products that could actually work to lower these temps or any other suggestions. Thanks. :)

MB: ASUS P5W-DH Deluxe
CPU: X6800 O/C to 3.73Ghz (Same problems even when CPU is not O/C.)
RAM: Corsair Dominator 2GB (Cooled)
Video: XFX 8800 GTX XXX Ed.
Sound: Creative X-FI Fatality
HDD: Dual Seagate 750GB

Case and Fans:

Thermaltake Kandalf Super Tower

Front:
2x 92mm fans

Rear:
1x 120mm fan
1x 92mm fan (not PSU)
1x PCI exhaust fan (Directly under video card)

Top:
1x 92mm fan

Side Panel:
1x 25CM fan
If that card is stock and is having problems you need to RMA it, it is a bad card. I have the GTS version, and I've seen it hit 80c while being overclocked with no problems.

Also, you'd get more watercooling help in the "Water Cooling" section :p

Back