• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI to LCD problem. help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xxjcaoxx

Registered
I have a 19 inch Norcent and ATI x1950gt. I am using a 24+1 DVI male to male cable. When i power up the screen has lines that look like the matrix. When i go back use VGA connector on my old card the computer is fine. Any answers?

Probly just a bad connection/cable, possibly an incompatability issue, monitor.. video card...

Does the monitor support Dual channel DVI?

And you don't really need DVI unless you're going to be running more then 2 megapixels resolution at 70+Hz.

xxjcaoxx said:
I have a 19 inch Norcent and ATI x1950gt. I am using a 24+1 DVI male to male cable. When i power up the screen has lines that look like the matrix. When i go back use VGA connector on my old card the computer is fine. Any answers?
Hey jaco, You messaged me. In order for you to get detailed responses please provide as much information as possible.

Please mention that you are not sure whether or not a DVI-D cable is compatible with your monitor.

to my understanding A dVI-D cable isn't gonna work.

Can anyone confirm me?

It sounds like a resolution issue to me. Make sure the ATi card is running the default settings and that the resolution shown in control panel is one your monitor can handle.

Back