• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which board for this chip?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCnewbee

Was thinking of just throwing together a small intell rig for shiggle till the price drop of the C2D series. Thought i would use this chip. But don't know which board is really good. Not going to OC the cpu, just gonna run it as is. I was looking at some intel board and some asus. Anyone got a good idea?

GPU will be a PCIx slot. Got some spare hdds. Trying to get a little gaming rig on the side from my main rig.

Thanks

I've heard that C2Ds prices will come down really soon so i wouldn't spend money on another processor for just a few weeks... I'm not sure it will come down so soon tho, and just so you know PCIx and PCIe aren't the same but i know its confusing.

Edit: i don't know if i misunderstood, if the P4 and the C2D aren't for the same pc then it may be worth it, but if you mean upgrading the new p4 you want to buy for a C2D i would just wait for the C2Ds to come down in price.

From what i've seen on the forums the Asus P5B and gigabyte DS3 are quite popular

But if i want to still do the build with a C2D as a separate build. What board?

Whats your budget. If you spend more money on the Mobo you can turn your budget cpu into a high end chip. The P5B for example would take you up to 3.2 very easily.

If you don't want to OC at all then one of the Asrock boards or similar would save you money.

Back