• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shopping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tumnus

Shopping for a new monitor, once again. I'd like a widescreen monitor, but my question is this: I currently have an ATI Tv Tuner card, and it works all right; I use it to play my gamecube/xbox and what not on my PC. However, there is a bit of lag, which really drives me crazy. I believe I remember seeing some monitors with composite input offered on the monitor itself, but I'm not sure; so I was wondering 1) Are there Monitors that have these inputs on them standard? and 2) Would this eliminate the lag I experience? Thanks in advance.

You want a monitor with Composite/S-Video/Component inputs, along with the standard VGA/DVI. I have a Dell 2005FPW that has S-Video & Composite. Many of the newer larger screens have them (20"+). These would essentially eliminate the lag since the PC will not be processing the video.

Back