• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which batch number should I get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

youngbuck

I am getting an e6600 soon, and am able to choose which one I want in person (out of about 8 or 10). Obviously the biggest advantage to this is that I can check out the batch code/number on each one and choose the best. What do I need to look for?

Check on the packaging and it should say something like L30... (30 being the week). Some of the earlier weeks have a lower VID (1.25v) than the older ones(1.325v). I believe all those chips with the lower VIDs are in the 20s.

the early B chips were a bit more desirable than the A chips, ie L29B. it is the fpo/batch# you want to look for on the box.

but it is all luck of the draw, you can get a stinker or a golden cpu no matter what you choose.

Is there any batch info out there on e6420s? I ask because I might get one of those over an e6600. I assume probably not because they've been out for like a week...

Back