• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCWORLD Repair Prices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JamesXP

Epic Fail Guy
EXTORTIONATE!

£15 to put some memory in!!

Its the simplest thing in the world, and they charge you £15 for it... I think £15 is like $30 and for a healthcheck its £70 which is $140 that's just crazy, and they treat the PC's like pieces of um.. well you know..

They we're cleaning one out.. with some compressed air,(from a compressor)
they broke a HSF because it was so damned powerful.. they just went and replaced it, and the owner wouldn't know a thing...

Sorry for rant xD

Oroka Sempai said:
Commercial PC Tech = Commercial Car Mechanic = robbery.
Not quite, at least the mechanic is doing something that requires thinking when he's bending you over.

Well, a local, well reputed mechanic charged me $600 for labour, and never fixed the problem. And, he said he only charged me for half the labour, he felt bad that he couldnt find the problem.

If I charge to fix someones computer, and I cant fix the problem, I only charge them my minimum fee. I fixed nothing, I should get paid the same.

Back