• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xeon 32XX Quads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vengance_01

I emailed tankguys to see if they could stock these. I think this would be a hot seller for him if he could get them in stock fo 300-350$:santa:

Vengance_01 said:
I emailed tankguys to see if they could stock these. I think this would be a hot seller for him if he could get them in stock fo 300-350$:santa:

Let me know what they say! $300-350 and quad core sounds...tasy. :)

-Collin-

The differences between the quad core 2's and quad xeons the same as amd's 64 vs opteron? i.e. not much, maybe better quality materials go into fab for opterons?

Tyranos said:
The differences between the quad core 2's and quad xeons the same as amd's 64 vs opteron? i.e. not much, maybe better quality materials go into fab for opterons?
nothing different other then the packaging. the X32xx's are targeted at low end servers to put another hit to amd in that segment.

greenmaji said:
there isn't a 8 multi standard kentfeild yet.. wich is in Xeon form now ;)
i read that 4 times and you make as much sense as cat chasing its tail.:)

greenmaji said:
lol.. no Q6400 with 8MB cache.. Xeon 3210 now
yea something about that x3210 is so damn tempting from buy.com...hmmm, i think imma have to get one along with a quad gt board...god i love having a higher/better job.:bday:

I've just ordered a x3210, along w/ a coolermaster gemini (to see how it cold), will see how it goes.... (not being greedy, I will be very happy if it can fold 24/7 stable @ 3ghz in hot summer)

Yep, as you guys have already discovered, that pricing is not going to happen yet :D They would be nice chips for sure, considering the only close C2D is the Q6600 - but pricing may be prohibitive. I'm going to talk to my contacts and see what I can swing, but I wouldn't hold your breath yet :(

Back