• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to Intel need some help OC 6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frumpco_

Hey Guys and Gals

Just picked me up a new intel rig got a Asus P5N-E SLI/Core2duo 6600/ 2 gig 667 ram

I have a few questions about OC on the intel side.. when the FSB and ram speeds are unlinked and you increase the FSB does that also OC the ram or does the ram stay at its speed? And any other little pointers would help I am a long time OCer on the AMD side so just trying to get my head around the intel world

Thanks

Your RAM will stay at whatever speed you set it manually, that is one of the beauties of the 600 series boards. So you can OC your CPU first while leaving your RAM at stock speeds and then work on OCing your ram and tightening your timings :)

Now that is a nice feature.. sweet thanks for letting me know, I was hoping that it was not a juggling act like the AMD systems were. Now I can OC my CPU and do some testing... just curious did you have any trouble installing windows off the 600 series boards?

to run the ram at one speed you need to select unlinked mode. other wise what ever strap you use for the ram that is what the ram will be.

Back