• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Ballistix 2GB pc-8000 D9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got the 8500 kit today for 200$

Should be lots of fun :)

Now that I think about it, I paid 280$ for the PC2-8000 kit a few months ago, so this really is great!

I have those sticks and aside from having one stick die on me, they've been good. I just wish I had waited to built until now when everything is dirt cheap. :bang head

Between these Ballistix and the OCZ 8500's that GOLDMAN recommends which brand would be more forgiving in providing lower latencies between DDR 800 to 900, in the event I have cpu limitations forcing me to use that speed. I'd like to run tighter timming of 4/4/4/ if possible and I realize that some ram just wont budge below certain stock timings. I know they could possibly be the same module but need some assurance.

As for tight timings

My old Ballistix kit did -

380MHz 3-2-2-8
400MHz 3-3-3-8

I am not sure how the OCZ sticks do for tight timings. You can ask HousERaT here at the forums, I think he has those sticks ;)

if i do finally upgrade, i'd actually go with the buy.com deal...

it's $119.99 after rebate for the same ram, but the TRACERS (sexy)... that's with free shipping.

price difference is only $10 more (you guys forgot to factor in shipping at mwave).

or... with google checkout, it's the same price for the TRACERS!!

Back