• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

specific answers for e6600 OC stock cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froglegs

Been awhile since i've overclocked, i've read alot of posts and stickies and did alot of searches, just got some questions about specific hardware I guess.

Question 1 - Can I/should I be able to OC the e6600 to 3.0 without upping my voltage? or what voltage should it be at?

my 667 ram would be maxed out at 3.0 right?

I did find a list of things i have to disable in the bios as well. and I should always turn off auto voltage from what i've read.

(my parts are on its way so I haven't checked the bios yet)

If someone has the same mobo as me and could give me specific pointers for this 3.0 OC I'd appreciate it.

and for things to disable , the list is..

1. Disable ‘AI Tuning’ for ASUS, ‘C.I.A.2’ for Gigabyte
2. Set PCI Express (PCIe) frequency @100Mhz (‘Auto’ for DS3/DS4/DQ6)
3. Set PCI frequency @33Mhz
4. Disable Hyperpath 3 (for P5W DH only)
5. Disable any ‘spread spectrum’
6. Disable Q-Fan (for ASUS only)
7. Disable ‘Limit CPUID Max to 3’
8. Disable any overvoltage protection
9. Disable ‘C1E’
10. Disable ‘EIST’
11. Disable Virtualization Technology
12. Disable No-Execute Memory Protect
13. Disable any other thing you don’t use
14. Do not enable any speed enhancements you see

I assume this is correct?

Thanks everyone.

if the E6600 does 3ghz with out a voltage bump then you got a decent cpu. no one can say for sure what voltage you should run at 3ghz since that will vary from cpu to cpu.

the ram wont be at 3ghz, it doesnt use the same multi as the cpu. use the 1:1 ratio or ddr2-533 divider for your ddr2-667 ram. that way it will be in spec while you find the max for the cpu.

as well when setting your pcie speed set it to 101 since not all the time 100 sticks when ocing.

that list is fine.

k, so i might have to bump up the vcore a bit.
i took note of the pcie speed, thats something new to me.

thanks for the advise.

Running an E6600 at 3 gig is 333 FSB, so that will put RAM right at what it's rated at. I probably wouldn't say it will "max" the RAM out, because even the crappiest RAM will O/C a little. My E6600 requires a little bump in vcore at 3 gig. Will a stock cooler handle it? Maybe... probably... but, I would highly recommend good case ventilation. When you start overclocking, keep an eye on the load temps.

i should correct my self... as BB noted 3ghz will be 333fsb with the 1:1/dd2-533 ratio that would put your ram at ddr2- 667. you have the c4's from what i have seen they are able to do around ddr-900 speeds but requires some volts. you can keep your cpu at 3ghz and still clock up the ram by using 4:5(667) or 2:3(800) dividers.

I'm just gonna keep it 1:1 ratio so ram goes to 666, and cpu at 3.0. I'll see if its stable, if not then I'll up the voltage a bit.
I can't wait for my new build , going from a p4 3.0 with 7800gs agp.

bf2 and COH is gonna look alot sweeter

Vive le Intel price drop!!!!

And thanks everyone for the great info.

Last edited:
Back