• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can the Conroe only have14 pipes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wingman99

People are overcloking to the sky with Conroe. what is the top overclock speed

Looks like the old netburst to me.

intel learned a lot about cranking up the clocks with netburst. that architecture, despite its inherit flaws, was not a total waste. ;)

i think the top clocks i've seen on a c2d were around 5.6-5.7ghz. on netburst, just over 8ghz.

This isn't. :p And there's a big difference between suicides and being able to run pi.

20070414180713_8secsot.jpg

It takes a lot more effort to complete pi stable than a mere screen shot just prior to the crash.

Suicide runs are usless IMHO.

hUMANbEATbOX said:
so what's your best suicide so far Gautam?
I probably could've gotten one at 5.5 that day but we were pretty much out of LN2 right as I was trying. :p (It might not have liked me running my ram at 500MHz CAS3 at the same time either :D)

I don't care much for suicides though...I bet I could get one at at least 5.55 if I really wanted to, probably 5.6. Maybe next time.

Audioaficionado said:
It takes a lot more effort to complete pi stable than a mere screen shot just prior to the crash.

Suicide runs are usless IMHO.

ima gonna have to agree... just taking a ss of a clock is eh w/e espically using programs liks setfsb so you could boot up into windows and up the fsb and take a ss real quick... IMO thats more of a stupid run... a suicide run to me is being able to boot up at the desiered clock (4.005ghz on air in my case) let windows load, start up super pi and cpuz... get required windows open for screen shots, open the task manager to change the priority of super pi to realtime... then run at least super pi 1m... i was able to do all this (actually multiple runs of super pi 1m on both cores) at 4.005ghz on air... i think thats a good acomplishment.

Back