• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e6420 heat?! issues?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viol8ted

Ok so I ran orthos lastnight till this morning about a total of 7 hrs. My cpu 0 was 47c and my cpu 1 was 50c. This is running on stock intel hsf. Also stock speeds. Does this seem a bit high? At idle using TAT its 29/31 or so. I was planning on OC'ing a lil on stock hsf, but I don't know what I can expect with temps running up to 50 on stock hsf and default speed. Any ideas? Pc in sig.

Also. Only a few minor changes in bios. Set ram timings and voltage. Besides that the bios is pretty much default. Could it be a setting in bios causing it to run this way? Hot?

Last edited:
That's about what mine shows at 3.0. It showed about the same at stock speeds, went up maybe 3c when I went up to 3.0.

Edit: Mine ran Orthos overnight at 43c.

I ran mine E6420 at somewhere about 3.3 GHz, Orthos rock stable, load temperature max 66°C on Intel stock cooler.

for full load temps you are fine IMO. the jury is still out as to if TAT or Coretemp are reading these new cpu's correctly. in any event, full load temps are fine up to 65c. :D so you still have room to push it up on the stock cooler. :D

i agree with HumanBeatbox. Frankly, that's pretty good for stock cooling.

Personally, I like the peace of mind of not having to worry about heat, though.

Thanks guys for all the replies. Helped take the worry off me ;)

Andisoss said:
As i write this, i am folding at 100% and my temps are 41/43.

ok..so your telling me my temps look ok on stock hsf??

Back