• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Large File Transfers on Matrix raid make computer CRAWL!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eightballrj

I can't figure it out. If I make large (50+ gb) transfers from my "data" Raid 0 setup to my Esata 500gb backup drive the computer CRAWLS. I mean like won't open up Firefox in 10 seconds crawl. Is this the norm? I have never messed with a raid setup and or MUCH sata work really. The MR setup benches great in HDTach and PCMark05 and the Esata drive is AMAZINGLY fast! But, for some reason the computer doesn't like to make really big fast transfers. Maybe due to it all being on the same controller? Any help??

PS... all drives defragged and low leveled very recently.

Well I do have P5B Dlx and never had this kind of problem on my matrix raid, like copying huge ( I mean huge like DVD ISO file 4.7GB) either Raid 0/1 to and from USB/Fireware external HD enclosure, AND burning DVD "simultanously" with browsing internet using Opera while waiting them to finish.

Have you check if whether there is a new BIOS for commando and upgrade it ?

Back