• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which card goes where?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTFouts

I am trying to install my new crossfire cards but the manual, web page or anywhere else I have tried looking does not say which card goes in which slot. This is kinda important I would think. Can anyone tell me so that I can put my waterblocks on correct the first time.
I am assuming that the X1950 PCIE 512MB Crossfire card goes in slot 1, the first pci-e slot next the northbridge. This is the card that has 1 DVI monitor connector on top and the double crossfire connector at the bottom.
And the X1950XTX PCIE 512MB card goes in the 2nd slot. This card has 2 DVI connectors.

It just completely amazes me that I cannot find this information anywhere.

Master card in slot 1, slave in slot 2. Then dongle them together.
Not much else to say.

What games are you going to run?

Thanks Shell, now I can put my blocks on and continue this upgrade.

I have a few that I'm going to give a go. Going to replay Stalker wide open this time. Splinter Double Agent now that I will have 3.0 shaders. Some supreme commander and who knows what else. I have so many its scarey.

Back