• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A nice 24/7 oc on E6400/DS3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LesterP

I know this wouldn't be considered proof of ultimate stability, but since the machine is shut down every night and often during the school day and is the 'family machine' (8 year old plays his games, itunes hub, web surfer and my overclocking toy) it is certainly stable enough (never crashes unless i am pounding on it w/ overclocking), I am a happy camper. Sorry for the run-on sentence.

Attachments

• 3.66.jpg
    3.66.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 249
very very nice so far. :beer:

i would take the time to do a proper test with orthos. instead of shutting down your pc for one night, let orthos run. i would say at least 12 hours.

see the thing is, stability is a funny and relative term...even if you are stable for a couple hours in orthos, and you can use it all day without problems, you never really know when instability will rear its ugly head where one day you may be in the middle of something important, only to be greeted by a bluescreen before you can save your work, and you will be cursing the day that you decided it was 'stable enough'.

btw, try to top THAT run on sentence. ;)

Nice clock... You've got a golden chip! What are you using for cooling and what are your temps?

cooling is an old corsair 'cool' (swiftech) setup with a cpu and chipset block installed - great kit that i bought used for what a high end air cooler goes for new.

vcore = 1.54 set in bios (1.5v actual) +.3 on vMCH, +.2 on vFSB and +.1v PCIe. - +.2 vFSB seems to help with coldboot issues.

load temps are around 60C when its in the 70s (F) outside and mid to low 50s(C) when its in the 60s(F).

Last edited:
LesterP said:
cooling is an old corsair 'cool' (swiftech) setup with a cpu and chipset block installed - great kit that i bought used for what a high end air cooler goes for new.

vcore = 1.54 set in bios (1.5v actual) +.3 on vMCH, +.2 on vFSB and +.1v PCIe. - +.2 vFSB seems to help with coldboot issues.

load temps are around 60C when its in the 70s (F) outside and mid to low 50s(C) when its in the 60s(F).

1.54 in BIOS and 1.213 CPUZ(screen shot) - that's an unlikely voltage drop?

phamine said:
1.54 in BIOS and 1.213 CPUZ(screen shot) - that's an unlikely voltage drop?
cpuz bugs out and always says 1.2xx after you get past a certain point.

Back