• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how can i get my e6420 @ 3.6ghz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drinkyoghurt

hi guys,

i want to push everything out of my processor, but so far its having alot of trouble of staying stable. i am cruising at 3.2ghz 1.3625v now and its stable for 11 hours on orthos. i want to drive it up to 3.6ghz and i have a watercooling kit which should help me a bit. for now my idle temps are 25 and load is 40c.

I believe as long as you stay below 1.5v and 65c, you should be good. Looks like you have some head room.

the best way to get to 3.6GHz is to overclock. :p

seriously though, is that temperature measured by TAT? 25c idle seems really low...

tat measures 27c idle,

i have it at 438x8 1.48v right now and its 52-53c load orthos, do i still have some room to push it to 3.6?

btw its stable for almost an hour now

You are at the point where you might need more chipset voltage and RAM voltage in addition to vcore. Temps look pretty good.

i got it up to 3.6ghz, its 55c load and im not shure how stable it is, but it passed 15 minutes of orthos, 3dmark05 and 3dmark 06

this oc gave me 500 more points on 06 and 1200 more on 05 which is alot :)

now i am going for 3.7ghz

I'd say you are rather lucky if you're stable @3.6ghz with no more than 1.5v. I can only hope mine will do the same when I start building this month.

Back