• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6600 @ 4gz on air ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Over_maher

Registered
Hi all

Does any have the e6600 at 4ghz on air ?

My sytem is going to look like this:
evga 680i mb
e6600 + tuniq tower or thermalright ultra 120
ocz pc2-8500 sli ready
corsair hx 620
gigabyte 3d aurora

I was thinking of a low multiplier with higher fsb so i can run my memory as close pf 1:1 as possible (obviously not at 533 but as faster as i can)

Has anyone attempted this with a config like this ?

highly unlikely :)

also a lower multiplier plus a higher FSB will cause your already hot 680i even hotter, so you may want to looking into aftermarket cooling for it.

Not on air. The E6600 can't go that high. 3.6~3.8 seems to be the upper atmosphere.

dudleycpa said:
Not on air. The E6600 can't go that high. 3.6~3.8 seems to be the upper atmosphere.

Agreed.

Some of the L628-L631B chips did 4ghz on air, but no for 24/7 use and those were a very lucky few. Figure 3.6-3.8 like the previous poster mentioned, but even that is lucky with the way newer cores are overclocking.

If you want the best change at a decent overclock, look through the classifieds and find a proven one.

-Collin-

I have watercooling and I normally run my E6600 at "only" 3.6 gig. I can bench at 3.8 gig, but I have to use high voltages. I would not expect to average much more than 3.4 to 3.6 gig from an air cooled E6600. Sure, a few lucky folks might get higher, but that's the exception not the norm.

Back