• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Overheat shutdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wathnix

I'm rebuilding a computer of a relative of mine that had a bad PSU and Mobo, I'm taking a guess that the system overheated and fried components, I want to find a program that can monitor the cpu and mobo temp and shut the system down if it overheats, any ideas?

Umm, if the cpu overheats it should shut itself down as a safety feature? MBM will force the shutdown at a certain temp that you can set

I Looked and there is no BIOS shutdown option, BTW this is an athlon 3800+ on an am2 mobo

Ninja, athlons do not take care of thermal problems on their own like intel processors do

My Athlon 2000+ shuts itself down when it overheats (about 75* C), but MBM should do what you want

yea mbm has a setting to let you shut down at a certain temp... i would do that but i have w/c so it really isnt an issue but before i had a stock hsf for a p4 and as we know they 5uck... big time i caught my cpu's idle at 190F!!! and i just immediately shut down and then went watercooling now i have never gone past 44C

Back