• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you run your C2D at for daily usage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
3.2 for now, FSB is holding me back. Going to do a nb volt mod to get it higher.

i had a crash today at the 3.6 while playing generals but im sure it was the memory, i raised the memory volts to 2.0 and it seems fine now, i need some better memory.

memory%20oc.JPG

hi'
3.2 daily; stable and correct temps(see my sig)

max at 3.4 with 9x multi :mad:
comfortable OC ;)

i686

Last edited:
E6600 @3.4GHz with 1.55v :(

This chip takes a lot of volts to be stable at 3.4GHz, i'm probably going to put it back to 3.2GHz where I can run the volts at 1.45. What program are you guys using to monitor your load voltages?

Last edited:
i chill at 3.0ghz but at this speed it allows me to undervolt from 1.325v down to 1.225v so it runs cool quiet and fast... im sure i could get it up to 3.6 w/o probs... considering my e6600 has been to 4ghz (on air w/ a 47cfm fan) :beer:

and @ 3ghz i run a 2:3 fsb:dram ratio so my ram runs at 1000mhz @ 4-4-4-12

dylskee said:
E6600 @3.4GHz with 1.55v :(

This chip takes a lot of volts to be stable at 3.4GHz, i'm probably going to put it back to 3.2GHz where I can run the volts at 1.45. What program are you guys using to monitor your load voltages?

http://webpages.charter.net/dyl/Conroe/3400.bmp

I check BIOS which gives me idle, then double-check that with CPUZ and Asus AI suite. I figure the load vcore is correct in a proportional manner - in other words it's off by the same amount - I never actually measured it though.

Running an E6600 stock right now....This crappy ASrock just wont go past 2.6 without complaining..:)

3.6 for the bench
3.2 normal everyday out of my e6600

i'm finding my mobo is very random when it comes to overclocking. i can get a better OC out of RAM if i have the FSB/DRAM Linked.

when i run at 3600 CPU i unlink them and the mem wont post as high. :confused:

whatever, i'm liking my core 2 heads and tails above my ol' D920

3208mhz set and forget. No reason to try for more as of yet.
EDIT:No I wasn't trying to rap.

Brando said:
3208mhz set and forget. No reason to try for more as of yet.
EDIT:No I wasn't trying to rap.

can you tell me what temps you're getting? i have a big typhoon not installed, I might try to reseat this waterblock and see if i get better temps. :(

3.8 ghz for me on phase. This Xeon sucks =(, needs 1.55v to get to the 3.8 ghz, though I'm not entirely sure if it's a processor issue or if my motherboard's FSB is maxed.

chinky714 said:
can you tell me what temps you're getting? i have a big typhoon not installed, I might try to reseat this waterblock and see if i get better temps. :(
I get 40c idle and it hovers around 53c during orthos in a 70f room. All fans are turned down to fairly quiet levels. Bios voltage is set at 1.365 but asus probe shows 1.3-1.31v.

E6420 3.1 stock cooler/volts .

Good for now , as it runs super cool at full load . Gonna keep it at 3.1 just to make sure new mobo and chip are happy together . Will go higher down the road, but much higher speeds will depend on temps and if I change from stock cooling .

Back