• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you run your C2D at for daily usage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
E6600 @ 3.3 @ 1.315V with Arctic Freezer

It'll go a LOT higher with voltage, but this speed works well for me on a daily basis running Rosetta@Home 24/7.

Brando said:
I get 40c idle and it hovers around 53c during orthos in a 70f room. All fans are turned down to fairly quiet levels. Bios voltage is set at 1.365 but asus probe shows 1.3-1.31v.

I either need to reseat the waterblock or install the Big Typhoon. LOL, right now im getting 42C idle and about 63C load. The block itself is kinda loose and i can slide it up and down slightly.

chinky714 said:
I either need to reseat the waterblock or install the Big Typhoon. LOL, right now im getting 42C idle and about 63C load. The block itself is kinda loose and i can slide it up and down slightly.
Those LGA775 mounting pins have to be pushed down pretty hard to get that final click where they're 100% in. I thought my heatsink was on all the way more than once but on closer inspection there was still 2 pins only partly in. Check the pins from the side very closely and be sure the plastic tabs are under the lip. On the back of the motherboard you should see all 4 pins splayed out with a little spike protruding between the 2 halves of each pin. Not trying to patronize, just sharing my own mistake on the off chance that you made the same one.

Sorry if I'm making a mess of the thread. I'll delete the last couple posts if anyone wants me to.

I just got my new steup monday so I'm still tweaking a bit but I think the oc is on the chip is pretty close to maxed out.

Currently at 3.63ghz 1.48v

Still testing the ram but it looks really good, 1152mhz 5 5 5 15 2.3v so far!

Brando said:
Those LGA775 mounting pins have to be pushed down pretty hard to get that final click where they're 100% in. I thought my heatsink was on all the way more than once but on closer inspection there was still 2 pins only partly in. Check the pins from the side very closely and be sure the plastic tabs are under the lip. On the back of the motherboard you should see all 4 pins splayed out with a little spike protruding between the 2 halves of each pin. Not trying to patronize, just sharing my own mistake on the off chance that you made the same one.

Sorry if I'm making a mess of the thread. I'll delete the last couple posts if anyone wants me to.

I finally got around to taking out the thermaltake water cooling kit, and re-installing the Big Typhoon. Load is now at 57C Drop from about 63C(on a hot day it went to 67C).

Back