please help me out with vista upgrade.

I scrached my XP Pro CD to death... (I will call Microsoft to see if I can get a new coppy of the CD and keep my old activation key hopefully it wont cosst me a lot of $$) Wish me luck...

In the meantime I would like to move to Vista Ultimate.

Question 1: Is vista ultimate worth it, does it come with lots of "usefull" features (not just some useless poker game). Unlike the almost no differnece between XP Home and XP Pro which has almost no difference. (all your opnions are welcome)

Quesiton 2: My understanding is... OEM vista is cheaper but can only be installed on one MB so it cant be installed on your new future rig, is this correct?

Quesiton 3: The retail version allows me to install EITHER 32 bit OR 64 bit. ie If dont like the 64 bit Vista I can reinstall 32 bit Vista with the same CD and the activation key???

Quesiton 4: will vista suport my SLI rig???
    Last edited by Mycobacteria; 05-13-07 at 06:08 AM.

Personally, I would say do what Im doing and wait until sp1 when they get all of the bugs worked out. That is, unless M$ is going to give you a hard time and sell you another xp cd only at full price. And for "useful features" theres DX10 and a few others (not sure) like the poker game (I like to annoy people, cant you tell?).
    Main: MOBO: MSI P67A-G45, CPU: i7 2600k w/ VenX (4.4ghz @ 1.33v), RAM: 2x8gb Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series DDR3 1600, GFX: Galaxy GTX670 GC, PSU: OCZ 1250w ZX, CASE: Corsair 500R, HDD: 120gb Samsung 840, WD 4TB Black
    Quick, Cheap, and Dirty NAS: Sempron 140, Hyper 212+ with 800RPM Scythe Slipstreams, 4gb ram, 5x2tb Hitachis in RAID5, Seasonic SSR-360GP, Antec 300, Biostar Tpower motherboard, APC BR700G UPS, Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H router (Upgrade in the works)
    Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X220 HTPC: Zotac ZBOX AD04-U w/ 6GB Samsung 1333mhz, 64GB Adata Premier Pro SP900
    Protobox-1: Raspberry Pi Mod. B Rev. 2, 2.5" LCD, 12v 1A PSU, Aluminum RatShack project box, GPIO breakout board

Project 1UP || Interested in the performance of the new AMD AM1 socket? Ask me, I'll test it!
    Bored of games? Nothing good on internet radio or youtube? Dont waste your GHz, find them before they find us. SETI

1 Not really, I think Home Premium is best for most users.

2 Correct, MS has historically been accommodating with regards to moving oem around. Nothing is guaranteed in the future though.

3 Correct, you may need to call MS, but you'll be finished in a few minutes.

4 Yes