• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 2900 XT brand?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

youngbuck

My finger's on the trigger for a 2900 XT. Assuming they are all the same exact price, which brand should I get and why:

Sapphire
Diamond
HIS Hightech

Thanks!

youngbuck said:
My finger's on the trigger for a 2900 XT. Assuming they are all the same exact price, which brand should I get and why:

Sapphire
Diamond
HIS Hightech

Thanks!

It doesn't matter as they are all coming off Sapphires assembly lines. The Sapphire cards have a 2 year
warranty. The other two only one year.

Viper

well from my personal experience, and hopefully it turns out to have no effect in the long run, the diamond 2900 that i ordered was scuffed on the heatsink and the corner of the board with the 2 power inputs was slightly bent.
it was 'new' off amazon at 399.:confused:

so far i've had no problems with performance [other than driver issues and program compatibility] though. my first instinct when i get something new that looks obviously used is to document it and start the rma. then again that's what the warranty is for so i'm thinkin may as well ride it out for a little while and ignore superficial issues... what do you guys think? anyone else have similar experience? could this just be from factory testing? i have half a mind suggesting it's a used part from some idiot who tried to cram it into a case too small for it [hence bending].

Back