• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dont believe, the PS will kill you.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay so maybe it's not as dangerous as some people make it out to sound. Maybe I can actually take a leak on my power supply or lick all the capacitors and never have a problem but it's still a piece of electrical equipment and should be thought of as potentially dangerous.

I understand that all of the take about how dangerous they are perhaps bothers those that know something about them and feel that some people are missing out on cool mods or just general routine maintenance such as cleaning them out, but I think all this post does is perhaps put idiots such as myself at risk. I have no clue about power supplies and don't really feel I need to go poking around in them. Some other idiot might feel the need to go poking around them and maybe after reading this post feels that there is nothing to worry about. He manages to kill or injure himself because he didn't look at it as a piece of electrical equipment but instead as something harmless.

Okay so maybe you didn't get killed or even buzzed. Great. So maybe they aren't as dangerous as everyone makes them out to be. I still don't think anyone should just think they can go grabbing anything and everything they want inside of one with no fear. There must be some reason why they put those warning stickers on them other then legal reasons.

Btw this was not meant as a flame. I was just starting to see other people's reactions and I suddenly invisioned the boards being short a few members.

Back