• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech MX Revolution - $35 after MIR + promo code

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ghaa don't temp me. I already have a g7 rev1, g7 rev2 on the way, mx518, and a mx1000.

not rev2 as in adding the extra thumb button, like it was with the g5, but as in the carbon fiber revision.

g7 rev1

g7 rev2

as far as I know they dont plan on making one I sure as heck wish that they would. I would buy that mouse the second it came out.

BossBorot said:
ghaa don't temp me. I already have a g7 rev1, g7 rev2 on the way, mx518, and a mx1000.

Is the G7 your favorite? I used to have an MX1000 and I thought I would never ever switch...then I got a G5, and it blows the 1000 away as far as gaming goes.

How does the MX518 compare with the G7 in your opinion?

i used to have a 518 and then i sold it for a measly $25... found out after how rare they've become and how great they truly are (i'd no complaints... it's just that i had a G7 and didn't need the 518 anymore).

I think the G7 rocks, except i really HATE how there's a missing thumb button. Still to this day I wonder why the G5 and G7 were knocked down to just one button.

As for this MX... what's so good about it... how does it compare to the rest?

I never used the thumb button one time anyways, I have no idea why is such a big deal to you guys.

wa77ss said:
I never used the thumb button one time anyways, I have no idea why is such a big deal to you guys.
gaming!!!

i used to use them as duck and jump in old-skool deathmatch (on the intellimouse, and also the mx510 and the mx518).

for counter-strike, i used one as duck and the other as +voicerecord (mic).

Would be great for work.

wa77ss said:

I think it's more of a habit issue. They're so used to having two buttons, they cry when their crutch gets taken away.

I went from an Intellimouse Explorer to a G7, and I've gotten used to it. The wireless pros far outweigh the missing button con.

g0dM@n said:
so is this mx revo good for gaming @ all?

not the best for gaming, its similar to the mx1000 in that regard as it is meant as more of an office app mouse.

To me mx1000 = most comfortable mouse ever with all the buttons I could ever want but is not good enough for my gaming needs

mx518 = good gaming mouse but button plancement irks me especially the dpi + button placement. Also not having a tilt wheel gets anoying for me in games

g7 = best for gaming IMHO as the weight doesnt bother me I like heavy mice. However not having that extra thumb button sucks after using it on another logitech mouse.

IMHO Logitech will never make the ultimate best at everything mouse, each of them has their strengths and weaknesses with no clear winner (which is why I have so many logitech mice). The mx revolution seems to try to replace the mx1000 for all around usuage but is not the best for games. If logitech just made the g7 in the shell of the mx1000 with all of its buttons then I wouldnt have this problem. Also I dont like the pinky placement on all of logitechs gaming lineup.

I have the MX revo. It works great for me. I don't play FPS a lot so I don't sense the lag or lack of response that others have claimed about. I have played CS and R63LV a few times on it and it worked well. I think it is the most comfortable mouse I have ever used. It just molds to my hand.

Few cons, I had to return mine twice at BB before I got a good one. The thumb buttons weren't working. Some have claimed that they need to be broken in to work well.

The battery is not replaceble and seems to be diminishing faster. When I first got it, about 6 mos ago, Full charge would last about 5-7 days. Now I get about 2-3 days on a full charge.

--pak

i honestly like it when the mice use AA batteries... i have about over 30 (maybe 40) rechargeable AA batteries, and like 20 AAA batteries... i like using my AA rechargeables for my xbox 360 wireless controllers... wish i could do the same with my G7... i'm afraid the battery life will start to annoy me when i get back to gaming. as it is, i changed the battery once every 7-10 days, and that's on VERY light useage.

Back