• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lookin' for a new PC under $1200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's a good time to upgrade after the april price drops but if the rumor is right you might want to hold off for a few months. There's another big cut coming in july.:)

Last edited:
Um you realize you picked DDR memory for a DDR2 board? You also picked an AMD CPU to stick in a LGA775 socket. No offense but I suggest doing a little bit more reading before you undergo this project.

ancalime said:
Um you realize you picked DDR memory for a DDR2 board? You also picked an AMD CPU to stick in a LGA775 socket. No offense but I suggest doing a little bit more reading before you undergo this project.
:confused: Must not of had his coffee yet.

ancalime said:

I also agree with above. Try this. Pick what's most important to you in a system. For example, the processor. Then pick the mobo that fits your processor. Then the memory, so on and on...

lol, sorry. My brother just sent me the links and I posted them.

If I get

CPU: Intel C2D E6420
Mobo: Asus P5B Deluxe
RAM: 2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500

What GPU would I be best off with? *NOT DX10* (512 MB)

MattsterMH said:

Why not DX10? The 8800 GTS is the best bang-for-your-buck card available, whether you play DX10 games or not.

MattsterMH said:
lol, sorry. My brother just sent me the links and I posted them.

If I get

CPU: Intel C2D E6420
Mobo: Asus P5B Deluxe
RAM: 2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500

Heh that is a little bit more like it. :beer:

As per the previous two posters, why not DX10? If you are a gamer you should definitely pick up a DX10 card if you want a gaming computer with any kind of future proofing. The 320MB 8800GTS is pretty darn cheap right now and would be a much better buy than a 7950, especially for a gamer like yourself.

Back