• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

QuadCoreTemp...HELP ME!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JenBell

Hello People,

OK so the QX6800 is like REALLLLLLLLLLLLY hot!

The thing is that speedfan 4.32 on vista64 shows all the cores on 45-47 and so does nTune but everest shows the temps at 60c....

What one do I trust? Specs are EVGA 680i, 7800 GTX 256 and corsair 4gb 6400 DDr2.....no OCing.

Thanks!

from what i have heard from other people those quad cores run really hot. Not sure what stock temps should look like though. Hopefully someone else with more experience can say for sure but I think those temps are ok to run at though they might be a bit warm. As for programs to read the temps you should try coretemp. At least that is what I use but I am not sure if they have quad core support.

I see that you are using a Zalman Reserator... Those can cool a normal single CPU fine.. But a Quad, let alone if you OCed, forget about it.

cooling system is swiftech kit with apogee gt waterblock...

My sig is old...will update is later on once my thread is complete...writting my build process up.

Anyone...help me?

JenBell said:
cooling system is swiftech kit with apogee gt waterblock...

My sig is old...will update is later on once my thread is complete...writting my build process up.

Anyone...help me?

Hmm. What size rad? 120.1? If it is anything under a 120.2 I wouldn't be surprised.

Still though, those Quads throw serious heat. Only thing I would recommend is a reseat of the block.

PS I think you would have better luck posting this in the cooling section :beer:

WonderingSoul said:
I see that you are using a Zalman Reserator... Those can cool a normal single CPU fine.. But a Quad, let alone if you OCed, forget about it.

Jen was ordering new W/C for her rig. Maybe it's not on yet?

Jen,

Give us some temps with either coretemp or TAT. The other ones read off of the motherboad and often produce less accurate readings. If the temps you get back from either of those programs end up being less than 65C you most definitely have nothing to worry about.

Back