• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Push/pull set up.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pak

So I have these two fans. panaflow and Link Depot

Right now, I am just using the link depots in a push config. I do have enough of the of the link depots to run 6 of them, but I only have 3 of the panaflows.

So what should be the best config?

3 panaflows push
3 panaflow pull
3 link depots push
3 link depots pull
3 panaflow push 3 link depots pull
3 link depots push 3 panaflow pull
3 link depots push 3 link depots pull

--pak

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone makes a shroud for my rad and I am really not the best at making custom items like that.

--pak

A shroud helps enourmously. If anything just get some aluminum/steel sheet and use tinsnips to cut one out. Use a sharp corner (like a desk edge) and some pliers to make the bends. Cut some rough holes in it for the fans and you're good to go.

Shouldn't take more than an hour or so.

Once you get it bent to shape you can fill in the corners and such with any sort of thick adhesive (silicone, epoxy, jb-weld, etc.) just something thick to fill in the cracks.

Cut out the actual fan from 3 of the link depot fans and presto you have 3 perfect shrouds for your panaflos!

I agree the three Panaflows pulling would work well. Don't know anything about link depot fans.

Your rad isn't very restrictive, and hence you probably won't see big gains from push pull. Also, if those LD fans move less air spinning free than the Panaflows can move through the rad, they'd actually restrict your air flow.

pak said:
So I have these two fans.

So what should be the best config?
Since the Link Depots are 100.4CFM and the Panaflows are 114.7CFM, the Panaflows will work better.
http://www.jab-tech.com/Panaflo-120mm-Ultra-FBA12G12U1-1BX-pr-2759.html
http://www.link-depot.com/FAN-12038-DB.htm

The Best on down:
6 panaflows, 3 push, 3 pull, 2 shrouds
6 panaflows, 3 push, 3 pull, 1 shroud
6 panaflows, 3 push, 3 pull, No shroud
3 panaflows, 3 pull, shroud
3 panaflows, 3 push, shroud
3 panaflows, 3 pull, No shroud
3 panaflows, 3 push, No shroud
If ya wanna mix and match, I'd put a pushing Link Depot opposite a pulling Panasonic, again, the same scenario as above.

And like the others said, a shroud makes a difference (small), and mostly on the pull side.

Last edited:
Back