• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding farm.... 69bucks for foxconn mobo and 3400+ w/o rebate...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ancalime said:
That is a nice deal. You can also go dual core at the egg for $30 more with the 3600 Brisbane + ECS mobo combo.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103036

Just look at the combos. I don't know how to link directly to combos, noob me. :(

I got the Bris combo... watch out if you're Folding on these. The 512k cache is a killer. You're better off finding a 1mb L2 DC to Fold on. :thup:

harlam357 said:
I got the Bris combo... watch out if you're Folding on these. The 512k cache is a killer. You're better off finding a 1mb L2 DC to Fold on. :thup:

Does the smaller L2 only significantly hurt production on the 2608/09s or on all units?

I've got both, I need to check.

Too close, a 2606 on my 3600 doing 21 secs a frame and 2609 on my 5600 doing 20 secs a frame :shrug:

Last edited:
well with folding on C2d's the extra 2mb's on the E66+/E6x20's does help when the protien is complex. dunnot how much but on comparo i saw was about 3mins faster from 2mb to 4mb. sorry i dont recall the protien used for that comparo.

Its calling too me, but I will resist.

I will resist . . .

Why am I taking out my credit card? Why am I logging into my Newegg account? Why???????

I must resist, I will NOT hit the buy button.

I will not . . . I will . . .

Darn it, I did. Well, lets call this one a gift for my wife.

Back