• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RB:6 Vegas > PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

Does RB6: Vegas just pwn computers left and right?

Was decently playable on my (former) laptop, and that was with a 6800go, pentium M 1.6ghz, and 1gig ddr2. Now i have the system in my sig, rig #1, and i have stuff on high and vsync off, (i turn shadows and motion blur to medium because i dont really care about those, especially shadows), and i wanted to run at 1680x1050 but

1) this game doesnt appear to have widescreen resolutions
2) forcing aspect ratio distorts the image, so i make it force it, but keep the aspect ratio. Bars on the side of a 20inch screen are perfectly fine for me

the problem: at 1280x960 its hot and cold. Some parts run above 60fps...then on others it drops down to around 15fps...id say average fps is in the 30s range. Now i have a friend with an athlon 64x2 3800, 1.5gigs ram, and a 7900gt...and he runs 1024x768 and has the same problems as me. I wanted to run at a higher res (the one above 1280x960 at least), but this game just pwns...or is it just me?

I figured an 8800gts 640 would power through this, but i feel like im wrong and seeing this kind of performance kinda makes me sad considering this isnt even a DX10 title and my brand new $1700 system is struggling on a low resolution...

FEAR, STALKER, and Company of Heroes run amazingly great though on max settings (so does GRAW, and the Lost Planet dx10 demo runs alright, again around 30fps average, sometimes higher, but thats at 1680x1050 with everything on high).

Any help? Im on Vista x32 if you're wondering.

i play with hardware skinning on, yes. What all did you do to get it to run so well for you?

what do i do with the files in the RAR? i dont see a readme

Helgaiden said:
i play with hardware skinning on, yes. What all did you do to get it to run so well for you?

what do i do with the files in the RAR? i dont see a readme

o sorry with the rar at the end theres a size have to find ur widescreen res which is idk but after u find it u rename it and take off the numbers out the end of it it and place it in the rainbow six folder which is in documents somewhere and then next time u start up ur game it should be correct widescreen.

Back