• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think I've hit a wall...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bldgengineer

But I'm fine with where I am at. I would like to know if there is anything I can do to lower my vCore and maintain speed. My rig is below:

Model: e6600 Retail
CPU frequency: 3.50 GHz (389x9)
Core voltage: 1.55 V
Cooling used: Scythe Ninja Plus
Load/Idle temperature: 58C/36C (room door was shut while sandra was running though :rolleyes: once opened load temps dropped to 53-55C)
Motherboard: eVGA nVidia 680i T1 SLI
Memory: 2GB GSkill PC6400
Timings: 5-5-5-15 @ 800mhz w/ 2.0v
Case: Antec P180B w/ (5) 120mm fans
Would like to be able to lower my vCore a little to get it to run a little cooler. Sandra won't complete right now with anything under 1.55 and windows won't boot if my RAM is below 2.0

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would not worry about your temps at all assuming those are under true load in Orthos. They seem pretty good actually for a 1.55V and 3.5GHz OC and air cooling. There is not much you can do for lowering vcore and maintain stability. You processor will either accept a lower vcore or it won't.

However I would tend to prefer keeping an air cooled OC under 1.5V but that is just me and all CPUs are different. And you seem like you got a real nice 6600 there.

GTengineer said:
I would not worry about your temps at all assuming those are under true load in Orthos. They seem pretty good actually for a 1.55V and 3.5GHz OC and air cooling. There is not much you can do for lowering vcore and maintain stability. You processor will either accept a lower vcore or it won't.

This isn't under orthos but it is under Sanda during a 12 hour burn. When I say load temps, these are with the CPU @ 100% during the performance management tests. While in the arithmetic test, the CPU never reaches above 50C.

If this is good then I guess won't worry about it. I'm just kinda anxious with this being my first OC :beer:

Back