• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having some sort of router problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N1NJA

I'm running DD-WRT mini on my Linksys WRT54GL an it's been working perfectly until now. It's taking forever to load (most) websites now. I went to wikipedia.org and then 10 seconds after i hit enter i searched "hi" from the google bar in firefox, google loaded in less than 1 seconds, and wikipedia never loaded past where the tab is blank with the header in the tab. Pinging 127.0.0.1 returns all pings un <1ms, same with my computers static IP. The problem is my router all of a sudden doesn't return pings anymore. Out of 3 pings (12 possible returns) all of them timed out except 2, which weren't even in the "same" ping. This might be related but I can't get my 360 to find my wireless connection anymore, after no problems for 6 months. I have the SSID to broadcast and encryption disabled (for testing purposes) and it won't even show up when I search for networks nor when I input the SSID manually. The router's only maybe 8 months old, so I doubt it's on it's way out or something like that. Please help this is VERY annoying (it took 57 seconds to load the new topic page alone!)

Back