• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pentium D 820 ASROCKS 775i65G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PCLaz

hey all,

I'm hloping someone can point me in the right direction. My understanding is that the X'er is set to 14 at 200 MHz for a total of 2.8 Ghz.

My only method therefore is to increase the FSB.

The board has these options. Now I understand that I may have to increase voltage (VCCD? or VDDQ?). The only options in the BIOS are AUTO, LOW, HIGH.

Now if I increase the FSB to 201 and hit F10 to save and exist the machine won't post until I power off or hit reset again. At which time it displays that previous boot attempts failed enter F2 to enter the BIOS or wait to continue. If I wait, my OS starts and CPU-Z shows the speed change.

If that's the case why won't it post after the F10 Save and Exit ... hmonitor doesn't indicate crazy heat or anything. I'm using a stock cooler (only want minor OC to get my feet wet.

Is there some sort of OC bible or primer I should read somewhere?

Any help is appreciated...

If you post your specs is would be easier to diagnose as it could be a known porblem with one of your other components.

Pentium D 820 (14 x 200 Mhz) 2.8 GHz
ASROCKS 775i65G
2x 512 MB Samsung sticks (DDR 400)
BFG 6800 GT OC (256 Mb)
Maxtor SATA 250 GB
BENQ 8x Lightscribe
Stock cooler (retail CPU)

Cmedia on board sound, on board LAN etc ...as per chipset. I'd like to tweek this as much as I can. I'm thinking of replacing the 2x512 with 2x1024. If I plan to OC a little should I be getting a little faster RAM maybe DDR533?

This board can take the Core2 DUOs, but I figure I should prob spend the $200 on RAM instead. The 6800 is runnnig BF2142 nicely (except during those EMP strikes or Arial bombardments).

In 6-12 Months or so I'm looking at a new 8800GTX C2D Quad ... so I need to bump it a touch so I can ride as long as I can before DX10 bites me in the behind...

Any help is appreciated...

Like I said ... if I ignore the post warning CPU-Z shows the OC'ed state ... BIOS is the latest I just upgrade it 2 weeks ago.

ok well I got past that post message ... I reset to BIOS defaults selected CAS 2.5 (as per the manual .. not sure why ... said to for OC)... and it posted ok ... now I am going to creep that up now ...

ok so what temp should I try and stay under with that Pentium D 820?

Voltage options are Auto, High, and Low for both VCCD and VDDQ ... when do I change from auto to High ...? once I creep it up and it becomes unstable without high CPU temp?

What does VCCD and VDDQ stand for anyways...

Back