• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Redoing my either water loop and case setup.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eightballrj

Is it time for me to get a new CPU block ask well? Should I sell the Storm along with all of the rest of my water cooling stuff(besides the MCW60) and get an Apogee GTX? Does it really keep up with, if not better, the Storm on some Duals and Quads? I will be going quad at some point in time but not necessarily SOON. I just want to have the best I can really get so that I won't have to worry with replacing anything for a few years in my water loop.

Thanks guys!

the apogee GTX should yield you a few more degrees than the storm. Is it worth it? Thats for you to decide really. If it were me, I would upgrade the block alone and sell the storm. They still sell for fairly good used.

--pak

Well, its not really worth it now. But, the question I have to ask myself is will it be worth it later. Hell, I might buy the Apogee and keep the Storm in case we go back to a IHSless proc design.

Back