• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

List of MMOs with a free trial?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Helgaiden

Can anyone help me out? Lookin to try to get into some MMOs with my friends (i used to play Anarchy Online and we're all DONE with WoW) but want to try-before-purchase you know? Anarchy Online is a no go, i already tried with them (only 3 of us played it, was too complicated for the other 5 lol) so if i can just get a nice list of all the MMOs with a free trial, that would rock. :) Thanks.

EVE-ONLINE, EVE-ONLINE, AND EVE-ONLINE. :D www.eve-online.com

you can download the newest client there, sign up ( free ) and get a free 2 weeks to try the game out. If you like it, you can then purchase the game online ( 20 bucks, you don't get a physical copy but as long as you remember your user name and password, you can re-download the game from the site ). and from then on, its 15 bucks a month. you NEVER EVER pay for expansion...those are FREE and you download them via the updater ( which is built into the client, so its all-in-one ). and patches come out fairly often for the game as well.

i'm really not sure what else really......

I wish vanguard had a free trail ( where you don't have to buy the game to get the 1 month free ). i'd like to try it out...but i don't want to blow 50 bucks on something that i may not like.

yeah i plan on trying it, im waiting for Cabal Online to come back up right now (they switched to free play) to try that, but i hear alot about Eve so hopefully me and my friends can give it a shot.

Everquest 2 has two trials. The older is called "Trial of the Isle" and the other is the newer one (better) that is something about "Fae". Worth checking out!

World of Warcraft has a 30 day free time once you buy the game. You can also get 10 day free trial.

I downloaded EVE trial, and I tell you, it is interesting but looks very difficult and demanding.

The story attracted me, but the complexity turned me off.

If I do half the stuff in real life, I would be rich by now :)

What do you think?
Or maybe the learning curve can pick up very quickly?
Maybe need mentoring?
This is VERY interesting but very HARD game I tell you that!!!

I trialed Eve 2x's...and while I liked the concept, a breath of fresh air and the graphics were nice....I felt like all I did was watch my ship auto pilot for 30mins at a time...and I never ran into other players.

I wish Lord of the Rings Online had a free trial, I wanted to beta test but didn;t get in...MMO's are hard to decide on purchasing because you pay $45 for the software...then another $15 for the first month...if it's junk you blew $60 on a game you can never even go back to.....I think MMO's should distribute the client software for free....like Eve does...then I;'d be willing to try more.

Eve-O made some changes in the last patches to make it more noob friendly. Shorter travel times, better base character skills and such.

It has a steep learning curve but by far the best PVP and territorial warfare of all mmo's around.

Back