• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

someone help me please...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ragefreak16

i have 3 problems anyone you can help me with will be very appreciated

1) i cant log into my hotmail account, been happening for about a week, i get the error page, saying the site may be unavailable or i may need to adjust my browser settings.Cant download IE6 either off of microsoft sites, both problems have been with microsoft sites, has this happened to anyone?someone help please

2)Why is it with Opera i cant see the text boxes where i type in my Screen Name and Password etc... this happens with every site

3)My MSN messenger Chat Box doesnt load, it used to work, ive even uninstalled it and DL it again and installed and same problem, so every time someone IM's me i cant see what they said and the box just stays there and cant be closed, anyone help

(i use IE to log in to my hotmail account not opera)

anybody help me out?
thanks

Will your Hotmail login from other places than your home if it can then I would suggest you use, Outlook Express because it has the option to connecto to Hotmail and download the messages.

As for the MSN I'm stuck on what you should do.. :)

yeah it could log in with other computers and even MSN alerts me when i get a new E-mail, il try the outlook express, can you send E-mail with hotmail via Outlook Express?

Shep said:
The Opera problem sounds like you don't have java or you have it disabeled.

Opera came with a package bundled with a big Java Program, so im sure i have it, not sure about being disabled though, where can i enable it?

Are you running overclocked? What type of net connection do you have?

I had some freaky problems with mail, browser, and IRC when I still ran my kingston NIC and was at pretty high FSB. I changed NICs and everything was fixed. Think it was a lost packet problem.

Yes Outlook can send and recieve messages its capable of holding lots of identities and multiple accounts.

Why not use IE or Netscape? They're both very good internet browsers..

no im not running overclocked, my ISP is prodigy (i know, i know, i will get cable soon though :))and my minimum connection is about 48000 BPS

I DO use IE and cant log in to hotmail with IE, also when i tried to DL IE6 its said i have an installation of that in progress and need to reboot, any of you know about that?

Ragefreak16 said:
no im not running overclocked, my ISP is prodigy (i know, i know, i will get cable soon though :))and my minimum connection is about 48000 BPS

I DO use IE and cant log in to hotmail with IE, also when i tried to DL IE6 its said i have an installation of that in progress and need to reboot, any of you know about that?

Sounds like you've already downloaded it and it never finished installation. If that's not the case, there's an article on the MSKB about which file to delete to remove the log of all updates. That's a fairly extreme measure to take, though, since you're on dial-up and would have to reinstall all updates.

have you d/l'd the new version of messenger? i think it's 4.5 and you can get it through windows update. i know mine wouldn't let me log in until i updated. it kept telling me it couldn't connect to messenger. ya might wanna try it . . .

yeah i have the 4.5 ( i think there is newer version though, but peeps tell me its sketchy)I CAN log in with MSN messenger ( it tells me when i get new E-mail and i get IM's from buddys but when i get the IM the chat box doesnt load just the file edit menu's at top. dont know why, worked fine

Back