• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should I...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i need to buy a new fan/cooler cause my load temps are 65C ... like i said i only have a mini typhoon and i don't think it's mounted right ... when i tryed attaching it one or two of the clips got bent .... after i get more money i'll get one adn tell you guys how it goes.

You could always try remounting it and lapping it. I hope you got some AS5 handy...

my e6300 is indeed a conroe :) week 26.

the first real allendale was the e4300. before that was released, there were NO allendales for sale. just before the e4400 was released (what a couple of months ago at most?) they started transitioning the e6300's and e6400's over to the native 2mb design, aka allendale. previously, those cpu's had 4mb of cache, but shipped with 2mb disabled, hence they were conroe.

btw, they clock real nice. i've had almost 3.7ghz on mine with air cooling. just benches tho, i stick to 3.5ghz day in day out.

and for reference, like said before, if cpuz says its a B2, that's conroe. L2 means it is a newer allendale. if you want to know before you buy, the FPO batch # on the side of the box and on the heatspreader will start with L6 if its a conroe. if it starts with Q6, that's an allendale.

thnx... i'm probably ganna try lapping it and getting a new heatsink.. i got some arctic silver 5 ready too.. lol finally put this tube to use

E6300 are conroes, E4300 are allendales. CPUZ is just a program, it might be wrong, but the official announce tells us that allendales appeared in 07, while conroes in 06...

delta107 said:
E6300 are conroes, E4300 are allendales. CPUZ is just a program, it might be wrong, but the official announce tells us that allendales appeared in 07, while conroes in 06...
you can't make blanket statements like that. some e6300's and e6400's ARE allendale. read my last post ^^.

Dapper Dan said:
Should i wait for peryn to come out and deal with my stock 6300 or should i just upgrade to quad core around july 22nd?

With regard to the original question...pick up a quad on july 22 because if you wait you will need a new board to run penryn and you will pay a premium price for the board and CPU as well. The "old" quad should last you quite a while.

The QX6700 doesn't make sense when a Q6600 is virtually the same thing but 1/2 the price and in this case neither will be as good as penryn anyway.

Back