• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows - Annoying me!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

confined

Registered
Hi, i am currently running windows XP professional and windows ME.. windows xp is annoying sometimes, becuase of it's incompatiablity, same with windows ME... Windows XP is too heavy with graphics, Win ME crashes too much. Argh! So right now i have them on both partitions, and its a real PAIN becuase if I do something to one, I goto make it identical and do it to the other. Is there some way for both O/S's to share the same programs? Is windows 2000 any good? this is annying me, as often XP crashes when trying to do something, so i goto reboot and do it in ME, then go back to XP or whatever.. Any opinions?

BTW i also really hate how microshaft calls windows XP(erience) when they made it so user friendly its for children.. do expereinced users really need a stupid annoying popup menue thing whenever you put in a cd in the cd rom? It checks whats on the cd, then gives you a list of options what you want to do with it!! (ie. "copy pictures to hard drive" "e-mail pictures" etc..). And thats not all. It has dumb popup bubble texts to guide you through things, simplifying things.. theres a bubble text on the start menue that says "click here to see your recently installed program files"..
I got rid of some annoyances but some still exist. I dont like the end task manager thing.. IT shows you the tasks that are maximized or something only, Unlike other versions of windows. So this is very annoying when trying to close an unstable program. :mad:

for anyone interested a cool screen capture that I took can be found @
http://www.geocities.com/tempgraphics/chris.jpg <-- You have to copy and paste in brower.

Oh and as much as id love to go into linux only, I still need windows for games and programs and things like that (and im still learning linux :)

Last edited:
Before I ran dual boot with Windows 98 and Windows XP Pro...

When I installed a dual from 98 to the Pro, I noticed how I can run some stuff which were installed from Windows 98 and I ran in Windows XP.

ie: Counter Strike

As for the helping thing there are very good tweak sites which take alot of those off and such try http://www.xp-erience.org

Back