• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5W-DH Deluxe wont post anymore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTFouts

My P5WDH decided it doesnt want to post anymore. All I did was flush the Fluid XP out and revert back to straight dis water...sigh. SO what I am asking here is this:

Would you stay with the DH or would you change to another MB that is more adjustable in the Bios?

The reason I ask this is because of Bios parameters that are not accessible for O/C'ing. Such as memory timings, HT3, and a few others that I cant remember at the moment. I was very happy with taking my e6600 up to a solid 3.6GHz, but was not happy with not being able to tweak my memory timings, use HT3 or mod the Vcore with a resistor instead of just a pencil.

I would like some suggestions on a M/B that does O/C better and will still hande Core Duo2 as well as quad core and perhaps even DX10. I'm not looking for MAX O/C'ing, just a good solid high O/C with all parameters being accessible for manipulation instead of having to set things to "by SPD" or "Auto" because of raising the values. Those of you that have DH's know exactly what I mean. What would you change to if you had the chance or need?

I guess as long as you need to get a new board then you might aswell go with a P35 chipset so you will be able to use a 45nm Penryn when they are available

GTFouts said:
My P5WDH decided it doesnt want to post anymore.

That is pretty weird. You have tried all the usual stuff like resetting the CMOS, reseating all the boards and unplugging all the power cables.

Do the fans start, is the onboard LED on? Perhaps its your power supply?

Yea....I tried everything I could think of. There was no reason for it to do that. I didn't get anything wet inside or handle anything. All I did was remove the hose from 1 rad barb, attach another hose to my spare pump and pumped a gallon of dis water thru the system until it was clear and clean. I even used an old powersupply for the pump so as not to turn on the PC. Hooked the hose back up, filled it up, hooked the old supply to the loop pump and bled the system. Then when I turned it on for real, everything started up like normal except the video would not turn on and the hard drives would not start reading. I couldnt understand it at all, especially since I didnt touch anything. After unplugging, replugging, reseating and every darn thing else I could think of, it would just start up and sit there, dead video and no hard drive action.

So I ended up putting my old P5WD2-E back in...sigh, so much for my new core2 duo chip, and bam, started right up and everything works fine. All I can assume is the DH just fritzed somewhere. So instead of putting in another DH and its limited parameter manipulation, I thought I would ask you guys what I should move up too that would give me better manipulation and still handle Duo 2 and Quad core, as well as DX10 I guess since thats going to be the way of the future.

Last edited:
I guess my biggest disappointment with the DH was runnig it 3.6 I was not able to play with my memory timings. If you didnt have BY SPD picked, it just would not post, no matter what memory voltage you picked, and the timings reported by Everest and cpuz were not what the manufacture recommended, or others recommended, for a perfect 400MHz memory bus speed.

I was just at the ASUS site and the P5K3 DLX was exactly the board I picked as my #1 contender. Now all I need to do is look around on here for people who have it and also for vcore mods, O/C'ing issues and all that. I dont mind spending $250.00 on it as long as it will perofrm well and manipulate like a Overclocker needs it too. I also hope to find if the heat pipes work well on it or if I will need to mod it and put my NB block on, which I hope not to do. Would like to just have the CPU the only thing in the loop. I am impressed that they have sinked the rest of the VR's but am wondering if the SB pipe is actually effective of just fluff.

One important thing to me about this MB would be the SATA. I have 2 raptors and a sata DVD drive. Will I be able to connect these to this MB as just 3 seperate drives like with my DH? I am not a raid person and know nothing about it....yet...so I just use the drives like you would 3 IDE drives...no raid setup. From what I have seen so far I am confused about this with this MB.

Last edited:
Back