• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A+ Essentials exam?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

I'm just curious if anyone here has taken the A+ Essentials exam recently. I'm going to take it in about 2 weeks, and am finding the amount of information in the outline a tad overwhelming...would it be acceptable to ask for more specifics (especially in the Hardware/OS sections)?

Why don't you wait for the 2006 exam material to show up then take it. As for me I'm studying for it now and will wait until next month to take it. Study hard, and good luck.

Thanks. The study guide I have covers the 2003 material and as far as I can tell there are only a few differences between that and the current outline.

I figured that the Essentials test wouldn't be changing too much; for the Hardware exam I am waiting a month or two until it's updated.

the 2006 version has been out for a long time now. and there is still plenty of resources out there for getting 2006 studies and practice exams.

www.proprofs.com check the forums there. youll find plenty of useful info.

2003 (Hardware and OS) will be retired at the end of the month.

I plan on taking mine here in the very near future myself. There's some drastic differences as far as what you're tested on.

Welp, I passed (by the skin of my teeth as usual; I'll never know if those six questions I ended up changing my answer on did good or bad). Not bad considering I was using an old test guide, forums and Wikipedia :D

I would like to know exactly which questions I missed though...oh well.

Dreamstalker said:
Welp, I passed (by the skin of my teeth as usual; I'll never know if those six questions I ended up changing my answer on did good or bad). Not bad considering I was using an old test guide, forums and Wikipedia :D

way to call out my last name there!!!

but anyways good job passing and i guess that message was made just for me :bang head where did i earn that kind of respect lol :eek:

Dreamstalker said:

Big Ups!! to you. Now go make that paper.

EmAn said:
way to call out my last name there!!!
Ooops...wow, what are the chances of a typed oddity I use at times being a last name (and the owner of that name being on the same forum I use it on) :eh?:

Back