• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth upgarding?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metloaf

I have been running an X-FI Xtreme Music since they came out but I have been looking at he Xtreme gamer and wondering if its worth the upgrade and the price difference. I know the Gamer has on board memory and other goodies that help out but did anyone notice a difference?

metloaf said:
I have been running an X-FI Xtreme Music since they came out but I have been looking at he Xtreme gamer and wondering if its worth the upgrade and the price difference. I know the Gamer has on board memory and other goodies that help out but did anyone notice a difference?

nah..there's almost no difference between them. That onboard RAM is something that very few games use (like Battlefield 2)

Definitely no reason to change.

Thanks I appreciate it. That's what I was thinking but I was just curious about that onboard memory on that card.

By the time the onboard memory ever makes a difference in games (if ever) there'll be a refresh series of cards out (given the directsound changes with vista at any rate) so it's irrelevant for most purposes at this point.

Back