• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best ocing 775 board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eternaljammer said:
Need help picking a new board.

Welcome to the forums. Check out the motherboard section...there are numerous posts on which boards do best. A few that come to mind are the Asus P5k, Abit IP35 and the Gigabyte P35-DS3R.

-Collin-

eternaljammer said:
Asus P5k vanilla?

thanks, Collin. I have a 6400 now but plan on getting a 6750 in july.
P.s nice avatar.

The P5K vanilla is a great board. I have the deluxe and love it to death. They are both solid, proven boards. While a little bit more expensive than the competition, it's been worth it for the investment. Check out the numerous threads on the success of the P5K Deluxe.

-Collin-

QuadCore or DualCore?

QuadCore, go with on of the P35 chipset boards.

DualCore, I'd go with a 680i board.

you can get a dfi 965 for $120 new at tank guys and for around $135 everywhere else. I ahve had quite a few mobos for c2d and this one has the best results yet.

Well. I have a dual core now, but in a couple of months will probably go quad.
So, I am asking about a dual core ocing board. Tank guys I may have to check them out. dfi 965 is better than the P5k?

its the 965 chipset for quad p5k with p35 chipset is best.

I thought you were asking about best ocing 775 mobo, and since quads dont have a use yet, I figured for $120 a 500FSB+ 965 was it :)

Rattle said:
its the 965 chipset for quad p5k with p35 chipset is best.

I thought you were asking about best ocing 775 mobo, and since quads don't have a use yet, I figured for $120 a 500FSB+ 965 was it :)
I will probably get the mobo you recommended from tank guys for my chip now and later pick up a different one for my quad thanks!

EVga 680i

I got an Evga 680i mobo, and an E6600, i can hit 4Ghz and 2000Mhz FSB, so thats pretty cool. I know it can go farther, but my cpu hits around 65 load at those speeds, so i wont go any farther. Its godly at Ram oc'ing too, if your into that. Currently i run 437.5 x 8, Which is 3.5Ghz processor, and 1750 Mhz FSB. I got a pair of XMS DDR2-800 512mb sticks oc'd to 4-4-4-12 2T @ 900Mhz, at 2.1V. I use this as my gaming rig, and it also has full x16 SLI. It does go for about $220 on Newegg though, so a little pricey, but i find it worth it. FYI, i got an 80mm on max blowing on my Northbridge on max speeds, and it really keeps the northbridge alot cooler than with just the little fan that comes with it. Take consideration into this board, i love it :D

First, I wanted to say Tank guys is really a great shop. Second, I would not anticipate buying a new board for a quad if you could get one now that would be great with both dual and quad. Also, I would stick with an Intel chipset motherboard.

Back