• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hows my score? (8800 Ultra)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Surfrider77

I got a killer deal on an EVGA 8800 Ultra Superclock this last week.

Got it slapped into my system last night and done some preliminary benchmarks. I managed a 13,276 in 3dM'06! This is with the current drivers and I havent tweaked the core / memory yet.

I was pretty impressed with the score, considering my SLI 7900GTXs ran about 10,500. This is about a 20% increase in score and I am only using a single card again! (Whole point of purchase for Vista)

What do you guys think? I am happy! :beer:

I will get a validated score once I tweak the core / memory a bit and find my best score.

nd4spdbh2 said:
what kinda clocks you doing... and what kinda deal you get on this thing?

Standard clocks on the superclock are 655MHz core and 2250MHz memory. I am sure I can get the core over 700, as I have read on various forums. Memory, I am not too sure about with the stock cooling. I need to get Rivatuner installed and do some serious tweaking. As I said, I quite literally just dropped it in and loaded the first drivers I found (158.22).

ViperJohn said the best drivers currently in XP are 160.02 Beta drivers, but they are listed as for the Quadro series cards according to the nVidia Beta Driver page. :confused:

The main reason I wanted this was to get rid of SLI. I've been waiting 6 months for functional SLI drivers in x64 Vista and gave up the wait.

Should have more details and better scores over the week.

I dont know if he meant for gaming or for scores, i found those not to work well with opengl games like quake4 and prey, and they lacked IQ to me. I am using the 158.22 and have used every beta and tweaked driver since the card came out and these are a good blend of performance and IQ across the board.

Rattle said:
I dont know if he meant for gaming or for scores, i found those not to work well with opengl games like quake4 and prey, and they lacked IQ to me. I am using the 158.22 and have used every beta and tweaked driver since the card came out and these are a good blend of performance and IQ across the board.

Thanks Rattle. Good info.

I may just put the 160s in for pure curiosity for a benchmark run tomorrow. We'll see.

Rattle said:
...I am using the 158.22 and have used every beta and tweaked driver since the card came out and these are a good blend of performance and IQ across the board.

Another vote for the drivers, for my SLi setup they are working great. The IQ with these drivers is much better then the 97.xx(s).

Back