• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte p35-dq6 results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm using the F4 bios now and I have the same problem as before with memory timings. I was able to use performance level 7 for a pretty good little boost but any lower locks up the system. I don't know how it works but it does. Also I'm not seeing much of a difference between 1100+mhz at 5 5 5 X and sub 1000mhz at 4 4 4 12. I heard there was an F5x bios floating around soemwhere. I'm gonna see if I can track it down and test it out.

I got to 6...orthos stable 5.5 hours so far...

Just to make sure I have this right -- you're setting memory timings from the bios window and they are not sticking?

sjvarley said:
I got to 6...orthos stable 5.5 hours so far...

Just to make sure I have this right -- you're setting memory timings from the bios window and they are not sticking?
Yes, some of the sub timings are reverting back to there auto default settings after I exit the bios. I may be wrong though as some other people have reported getting inaccurate readings while using memset 3.3 beta2 as in the timings it shows are not the timings that were set in bios. In there cases it was off by 2. Meaning if a certain sub timing was set to 4 they would get a reading of 6 in memset. In my case it's off by 6 on some of the sub timings.

I'm beginning to think it is just a missread by memset because my superPi times are right on par with what I was getting with my P965-S at the same timings.

it's possible that it's being misread... I haven't messed with the sub-timings yet, so all mine are still set to auto. I posted over at XS hoping the memset author would elaborate on the mchbar register mods for the performance tab.

OK, so I was getting annoyed by the high CPU temps from my old XP-120 and just placed an order for the Ultra-120 Extreme. Hopefully it drops the load temps by at least 10c. Also, does it seem to you guys that the motherboard undervolts the CPU voltage by ~0.03? Pretty much every program (Speedfan, CoreTemp, etc) tells me that my CPU is set to 1.34 when in fact I have it at 1.372 in the BIOS. However, Gigabyte's EZTune does tell me the correct value, but I don't know who to trust.

rogue3092 said:
OK, so I was getting annoyed by the high CPU temps from my old XP-120 and just placed an order for the Ultra-120 Extreme. Hopefully it drops the load temps by at least 10c. Also, does it seem to you guys that the motherboard undervolts the CPU voltage by ~0.03? Pretty much every program (Speedfan, CoreTemp, etc) tells me that my CPU is set to 1.34 when in fact I have it at 1.372 in the BIOS. However, Gigabyte's EZTune does tell me the correct value, but I don't know who to trust.

Yeah, they all come out low for me also. I'd like to see what your ultra-120 does for you. I've got a coolermaster (RR-CCH-L9U1-GP I think) and I might switch.

sjvarley said:
Yeah, they all come out low for me also. I'd like to see what your ultra-120 does for you. I've got a coolermaster (RR-CCH-L9U1-GP I think) and I might switch.

Will do. I should receive it tomorrow, hopefully. Also, what are you guys getting for NB load temps? I'm overvolting by 0.05 and getting around 49-50c.

f5g bios?

rogue3092 said:
Will do. I should receive it tomorrow, hopefully. Also, what are you guys getting for NB load temps? I'm overvolting by 0.05 and getting around 49-50c.

I haven't looked at the nb temps...I'm 0.1 over.

Does anyone know what the bios changes from f4 to f5g are?

I got the Ultra 120 Extreme the other day...seems like it lowered my load temps by around 6-7c, which is fairly decent. However, the mounting system for it is bloody awful, and I'm still seeing fairly high temps @ 3.2, around 63-65c :(, because I had to crank the voltage up to 1.42v to get my E6600 stable. Looks like my E6600 sucks, but it seems many other users have to use high voltage to get substantial clocks out of the newer batches. Maybe I'll pick up one of the E6850's when they come out later this summer.

Where did you find that new bios? I couldn't find any mention of it on Gigabyte's pages.

rogue3092 said:
I use SpeedFan but I've tried coretemp and it gave me the same results. Yeah, the ram slots are pretty dang close to my 8800GTX as well. However, I really like this mobo so far. Just ran 9 hours of Orthos w/ no problems @ 3.0, gonna try pushing it higher.

Speedfan and Coretemp NEVER give the same results. They don't measure temperature the same way.

rainless said:
Speedfan and Coretemp NEVER give the same results. They don't measure temperature the same way.

Umm, I beg to differ. SpeedFan and Coretemp, at least for me, always give the SAME temperature reading for the individual cores. Of course Speedfan's 'general' CPU temp is different, but thats not what I was referring to.

Anyone know the diff on option 1 or 2 on the ram settings with the F5G bios?

POST issues

I've had some problems posting sometimes, even though I'm 8hrs stable in orthos and my temps are good. I think it relates the the ram settings I have. I've been running 5-5-4-12 with the rest in auto. Sometimes the post uses the 800mhz SPD settings and the thing won't boot. After that I used the 1066 SPD values shown in the bios and set them manually, but that made it worse. I'm hardly oc'ing the ram at 1077, and my ram voltage is 2.35 with active cooling.

When I do boot ok, memset shows the values that I kept as auto in the bios to be quite different than the spd values. Does anyone else have exp. with this? I've also tried option 1 and option 2 on the ram settings.

I guess my fix at this point is to use the memset subtiming values in bios, though I'm not sure why the spd values are not being used or not working, unless the spd values I'm seeing in bios are not correct.

Well this is what I meant by timings not being read correctly, the 2 timings that are reading 14 and 13 are both set to 5 in bios. I tried the new F5H bios but I was having trouble booting into windows with my curerent settings so I'm back to F5G.

Need to update my sig as I had to up my vcore to 1.53v to get my rams stable at this speed, I'm running 2.2v to ram.:beer:

mysterfix said:
Well this is what I meant by timings not being read correctly, the 2 timings that are reading 14 and 13 are both set to 5 in bios. I tried the new F5H bios but I was having trouble booting into windows with my curerent settings so I'm back to F5G.

Need to update my sig as I had to up my vcore to 1.53v to get my rams stable at this speed, I'm running 2.2v to ram.:beer:

This might answer your question:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2291294&postcount=583

Back