• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte p35-dq6 results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sjvarley

I switched from a 965p-dq6 to a p35-dq6 the other day. I kept the same processor but changed the memory to mushkin 996535. I haven't even been able to OC even close to the old board results on this thing. I've gone through enough steps to think the chipset isn't running past 333 fsb at all.

Does anyone have any oc results with this board?

false alarm, I guess.... I swear sometimes the bios on both these boards gets into a mode where it won't post no mater what the setting are...but then you post on through to windows at stock, go back, and poof..right up to 400Mhz fsb without any problem at all.

Ran into some bad ram (mushkin 996535) so those will have to be rma'd back. The other two sticks (same type) tested fine after 6 hours on memtest86+. 2 hours into an orthos test atm.

I just ordered this board to replace my DFI, should be here tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works out for me.

I got the board up and running without any issues so far. My ram seems to love this board, I'm currently at 578mhz on the ram with my stable settings for the cpu. Vdroop is nonexistant on this board I set vcore at 1.5v and thats where it stays even under heavy load. Gonna run some orthos on it overnight. I'll see about getting some screen shots up for you tomorrow.

yeah, I'm on air cooling, so 3G is as far as I can go atm. What are the rest of the bios settings at vmod wise?

I've only messed with vcore and memory voltage everything else is set to normal you should also get a hold of memset 3.3 to see what the board is doing for those memory settings that are left to auto. So ypu'll know where to start when you get ready to tweak them.

Thanks! I'll go check out memset 3.3. So you got the fsb to 463 without any MCH vmods? amazing! Have you run any orthos tests yet?

What kind of idle & load temps are you guys getting on this board? I just got mine in yesterday, and I'm seeing around 57-58c load and 35-37idle with an E6600 @ 3.00 (1.33v) and using a Thermalright XP-120 (w/ 775 adapter) and an 83cfm Panaflo 120mm fan for cooling. Also, I had to cut off the top left part of the northbridge heatsink that sticks out, because it interfered with my heatsink. I think I have the same RAM as you, mysterfix, so hopefully I can get some good clocks out of it as well.

Ah, thanks. It seems the Gigabyte boards (or P35 chipset in general) tend to read higher than most - I'm used to reading of load temps reported by Asus 680i SLI boards as being in the 30's-40's, so I was a little surprised to see them approach 60c. Everything seems stable though, so I won't worry too much.

Last edited:
How are you measuring temps? I use coretemp.

Also, the ram slot ejectors bump right into my 8800gts on this board. Kind of annoying. It makes it hard to get the ram out while the graphic card is in.

I use SpeedFan but I've tried coretemp and it gave me the same results. Yeah, the ram slots are pretty dang close to my 8800GTX as well. However, I really like this mobo so far. Just ran 9 hours of Orthos w/ no problems @ 3.0, gonna try pushing it higher.

sjvarley said:
Thanks! I'll go check out memset 3.3. So you got the fsb to 463 without any MCH vmods? amazing! Have you run any orthos tests yet?
Sorry I been out and about all day so no screens yet but the board is stable for my cpu overclock but I'm getting some wierd results with memory timings. It seems not all settings in the bios are able to be changed. I set everything manually in bios for the memory but the board will revert back to the auto settings when I exit the bios. I've tried the F5g bios and the F3 that shipped with the board and both behave the same.:-/

Edit: My temps are around 46ºc-48ºc under load with 1.5v I use coretemp and water (In sig)

I still haven't been able to get the memory stable at 1157mhz using orthos but it's fine for super Pi. Also haven't had a chance to install any benches but hopefully tomorrow will be a good day for me to play with this board. (Crosses fingers and toes)

Last edited:
Is it failing to boot and reverting the settings in the bios? I see that sometimes when the settings won't work. It tries to boot a couple of times, fails, then sets everything back to auto.

mysterfix said:
I've tried the F5g bios and the F3 that shipped with the board and both behave the same.:-/

F5g bios? The only bios that shows up on the website is F4. Where did you find the other ones?

I got it over at XS, they have a bios thread for the new Gigabyte P35 boards. No the board boots up like normal but some of my manula settings don't stick. The board resets them to something totally different than what I had.

P35-DQ6 strap testing?

I've run fsb tests from 399 to 430 mhz using my E6320 and haven't seen any NB strap issues at all. Does anyone have any info on this? Are there any utilities that will show me the NB clocking ratio?

Is anyone using memset 3.3 beta 2 on a p35 chipset? I'd like to know how the performance level modification alters the p35 mchbar registers.

Back