• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which chipset block should I get for my P5W DH Deluxe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The NB water blocks are only a few dollars more expensive than the HR05 or the swiftc NB HSF.

It DOES NOT restrict flow all that much

IT IS a lot cooler than usin air cooling...

IT CAN help you to OC just that little bit more...

However, the P5W DH only has TWO hooks for the NB sink... makes a WB on there almost impossible.

I use the two hole thing to mount my MCW30 to my MB.... I have had no problems with it at all its very secure....

The MCW30 is suprisingly small, I have seen people cool the NB and the SB and run SLI on Evga 680i MBs.

i couldnt get a secure mount at all with my p5w.as soon as i let the block go it lifted right off the chipset.the hook loop retention mechanism sucks bad on the p5w.if only they had gone with 4 loops rather than two...

I'm aircooling my P5W, but I am also using the same Swiftech nb cooler as nik and it works well and even runs passively for me with no fan installed with my present aircooled setup. I guess I have enough airflow around the nb area that I don't need active cooling on the MXC159-Cu.

muddocktor said:
I'm aircooling my P5W, but I am also using the same Swiftech nb cooler as nik and it works well and even runs passively for me with no fan installed with my present aircooled setup. I guess I have enough airflow around the nb area that I don't need active cooling on the MXC159-Cu.
any good deals out there on the little guy?

Back