• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Its blue Its blue WTF do I do!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbslow

Ok I have a little problem when I went to install norton system works01 on my comp it seemed to work fine then I went through the registration and as it was finishing I got the message asking me to put in my 2000pro cd. I just cancled and moved on to finish the norton reg. when it finished I rebooted and now my screen is all blue even my bios are blue WTF. Could the HDD have some issue with 148fsb or something that made it corrupt I dont really want to reinstall windows or even worse buy a new HDD... Any ideas??

Wait are you telling me that even teh bios screen is blue? I think the fsb is too high or your monitor is dying. try 133 adn see what color it is. I believe your hd is fine. F8 to go to safe mode or last know good.

el said:
Wait are you telling me that even teh bios screen is blue? I think the fsb is too high or your monitor is dying. try 133 adn see what color it is. I believe your hd is fine. F8 to go to safe mode or last know good.

Yep el the bios screen was all blue even when I booted into window it was blue pretty strange.

Well I plugged in my main rig the one in signature and the color was normal so it's probably not the monitor ( I hope ). Then I switched the HDD and reset the cmos on bith boards and they both booted normally. Switched them back and now everything is normal again but I am @ default with the problem system. So it is either the fsb is messing up my HDD (IBM 4g) or my video card (ati 128 rage pro 16bit) I'm not sure but it seems the video card is the problem. Do you think this could be a mobo issue or the cheap fill in parts I swapped out of my old IBM? Just so you know it was a duron 800@1034 148x7 when the issue came to be.

Last edited:
mabye norton was doing something to the computer. I bet everything is okay but I would keep an eye on that video card as teh problem. I know nvidia does well with high fsb but I haven't seen and 150fsb with ati cards but it might just because I haven't been looking.

Back