• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nvlddmkm Vista driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dreamstalker

Starting today, I'm getting an error while gaming "nvlddmkm display driver has encountered a problem and has successfully recovered". I've Googled the problem and downloaded an updated Vista 32-bit NVidia driver, but when trying to install it I get an error message to the effect that the updated driver could not find any compatible drivers (install fails).

The system with the problem is an HP Pavilion laptop, relatively new. I'm not playing anything intensive, just a puzzle game.

updated driver could not find any compatible drivers (install fails)

Is this correct? or does it say it can't find compatible hardware? If this is a patch you're talking about, try installing the full driver set then the patch. If it's a full driver, then I don't know. Maybe try HPs site for a compatible driver. You could also try running the game in XP compatibility mode and see if that helps the driver crashes.

The exact error message is:

"The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit"

WTF? The puzzle game in question has been fine until...about 15 minutes ago when this started happening. HP's website doesn't seem to have any solutions to this particular problem.

My driver (Geforce Go 6150) is version 7.15. According to NV, my hardware isn't supported :eh?: so I have no way to install the newest one. Unless the laptop cards need a different driver...the only download on HP's site is the current driver that's giving me the problems.

EDIT: My mom's laptop is almost the exact same model as mine, and does not have this issue (the only difference seems to be that I have puzzle games--which had been working fine for months--and she doesn't).

Last edited:
Back