• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel PD945 OC issues....it wont POST!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sam__

I can get my PD945 to 980/245 FSB - 4165Mhz perfectly stable but when i try and up the FSB a bit more to 990/247.5 - 4207Mhz it doesnt even POST. I had a similar issue when going from 970 to 980 and i sorted it by upping the PCI-e speed to 115, so i thought it could be the same problem...i tried all the way up to 125 on the PCI-e but it just wouldnt POST. I tried enableing and disableing CPU atributes....nothing...i tried upping the FSB termination voltage from 1.215 to 1.315 but nothing....i tried upping the NB voltage and SB voltage but still nothing.

Can anyone help me???? any ideas will be much appreciated.

Usually when the computer won't post when overclocking it is either the RAM, CPU or MB. Try upping you vcore/ram/nb/sb/fsb voltages.

ill try the vcore....thats the only one i havnt tried yet. thanks

i treid a higher vcore but it didnt work....then i changed the FSB term voltage to 1.415 (is this safe on air?) and i booted....but when i restarted it didnt POST...it seems to POST when it wants to but when i does boot fine its perfectly stable i had it at 990 for an hour with orthos and no errors.

where is the "Fast boot" option?

edit: found it but it doesnt seem to make any difference

Last edited:
my cpu temps went up like 3-4 degrees load after changing to 1.415 fsb voltage

i can get it to boot at 995 now...dont ask how tho lol...luck mainly.

Back